Tuesday, February 24, 2009
What about hip hop?
I agree Hip hop is a creative art form of music and expression. I also believe that people can inspire others with hip hop and that if we aren't careful hip hop could take children in places they don't need to go. Recently I've been studying hip hop in class and yes it was for class. The main point is hip hop influences but before it wasn't the hip hop that we see today it was a great inspiration to the black communnity during the dark period of slavery and Jim Crow laws. A favorite quote of mine is "It's only-at the end of the day, it's just entertainment" by Jadakiss,Rapper. The problem is young children of today see it as what they must do and become in order to survive. Which is in truth an unreality leading children down the wrong path, and children hold the future of tomorrow in their hands if they're going the wrong way where do you think the world will go.Which brings me to a question should rappers be more responsible or should the media check itself before it goes too far,or should parents rethink what their children are allowed to watch? This is a really important question that I think should be taken seriously, the media might just be the end of us, or we ourselves are more thank likely to blame. Because if we didn't let them watch it i bet you media wouldn't show it because most adults I know don't really like the hip hop. Now hip hop isn't bad it's just you should really think about what I've said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment